Saturday, April 21, 2007

About the virtual life and death.


I was just sitting in front of my PC now, and I was thinking about some interesting sites. In a moment I thought about this similar to myspace.com site called mydeathspace.com. So I begun to think and think:
"Where are we going at?"

How is developing the IT world, I tried to predict the future of sites and people's life. So I just imagined the following thing:

When a person comes on the wile world, even before he/she can talk or walk, his/her parents have to make a online registration with date of birth, photo of the baby and address. So the new person keeps growing up and his parents make something like an time sheet with all the events, with photos and things like that. After he becomes let's say older than 14, then he is allowed to post all by himself in his site, to contact with friends and maybe some strangers.
The idea is that, during your whole life to have something like an Internet mirror.
So someone has made a site for dead people. It's more like a register, but it is strange of course. I meant that maybe in future after you are dead all your Internet Mirror page will be moved to such a site, where people can read and remember about you, can light a candle, say something good to the others for you and stuff like that?

Well I actually think that we are not very far away from that time. With all this development of the blog media, myspace is getting huger, mydeathspace will get huge too. :)

3 comments:

Spider Girl said...

It's an interesting idea. I do like the thought of having I've created left behind if I died.

If I never become famous or write a book, at least I'll have my blog for posterity's sake. :)

S Blyahoff said...

Yes, at least if saves you from one of the mosts often known fears of human, that one day you will die and you will leave nothing after you and nobody will remember you.

Deni said...

with the current population growth rate, leaving a blog instead of human offspring might turn out quite a good alternative. and a survival trick as well...